Careers at Conran
If you’ve ever stepped through the doors of The Conran Shop or shopped online, you’ll know there is no better place for design-led products, inspirational merchandising and exceptional customer service.
Want to join our award-winning team? Browse our latest career opportunities below. To apply for any of these vacancies, or to send an application speculatively, please email a short note explaining why you would like to be considered and for which specific role (please also include the role you are applying for in the subject line of the email), along with your current CV in Microsoft Word or .pdf format to:
C H E L S E A
Trade Manager, Chelsea Store
An opportunity has become available within our flagship store for a driven and ambitious trade sales manager to join the team.
An experienced trade sales specialist, the ideal candidate will possess an authentic interest in luxury interiors, with ambitions to grow their career within The Conran Shop and to use their expertise to develop and expand trade sales. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who will develop and thrive in a luxury sales environment.
- To develop trade sales strategies and leads for furniture and décor.
- Expanding the company client database and identifying new business opportunities.
- To be responsible for maintaining and beating sales targets.
- Building lasting relationships with trade customers in the UK and globally.
- Playing an important role in developing and maintaining the company’s image and reputation within the industry.
- To generate customer sales proposals and process orders.
Skills & Requirements:
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role within the luxury interiors industry.
- Pro-active and organised with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ambitious and personable with a keen interest in the luxury interiors.
- The ability to work and adapt within a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial, driven by detail and results, with the ability to make an immediate impact.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Be an effective brand ambassador for The Conran Shop to the trade industry.
Display Technician, Chelsea Store
- Assisting with the design and building of window and in-store displays.
- Supporting store staff with assembling furniture, installing lights and mounting a variety of fittings.
Skills & Experience:
- Woodworking and experience of using power tools is essential.
- Basic electrical experience would be desirable, although full training will be provided.
- Organisational and planning skills with the ability to problem solve.
- You must be physically fit as heavy lifting is involved.
- An interest and awareness in the world of design, interiors, trends and retail.
- A good understanding of the Conran brand, vision and ethos.
- Flexible approach to working hours and location.
- Good financial acumen and an understanding of budgets and cost constraints.
- Experience of SketchUp or similar 3D program advantageous.
Sales Assistant, Full & Part Time, Chelsea Store
Interested in interiors and fascinated by furniture? An exciting opportunity has arisen in our flagship Chelsea store for an enthusiastic and dedicated Sales Assistant to join our expert team of customer advisers and work amongst our renowned curation of products. A genuine passion for furniture, gifts and interior design is a must, along with the ability to engage with and advise customers to optimise their shopping experience.
Pick & Pack Assistants – Full & Part-Time Temporary Contracts, Chelsea Store
We are currently recruiting dedicated and organised Pick & Pack Assistants to join our Dispatch team for our Christmas and Sale trading periods. Based across our Chelsea and Marylebone stores, the key responsibility of the role is to pick and pack online orders for delivery and for in-store collection. This role includes weekends and we are looking for full and part-time roles: please specify your availability on application.
M A R Y L E B O N E
Furniture & Lighting Consultant, Full Time, Marylebone Store
We’re looking for a friendly, knowledgeable individual to represent The Conran Shop’s world-renowned furniture and lighting collection. Assisting customers on the inspiring shop floor in our Marylebone store, you will ensure each customer has the information needed to find their perfect piece, from floor lamps to futons. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for furniture, lighting and interiors, enthusiasm about designers from Eames to Achille Castiglioni and the ability to engage with customers to provide a premium shopping experience.
Accessories Department Sales Assistants, Full & Part-Time, Marylebone Store
The Conran Shop’s ever-expanding accessories department is home to countless big-name brands, from Issey Miyake to Comme des Garçons, and we’re in search of personable individuals to assist and advise customers in need of inspiration. The ideal candidates will have a genuine passion for gifts, lifestyle accessories and interior design, and have the ability to engage with customers and provide a high level of customer service for a premium shopping experience.
Barista – Conran Kitchen, Marylebone Store
Is coffee your calling? We’re looking for a reliable and welcoming barista to join our Conran Kitchen team, preparing and serving beverages from our menu with a high level of customer service. The ideal candidate should know their macchiatos from their mochas and previous barista experience is a must - preferably in a boutique environment.
S E L F R I D G E S
Sales Assistants, Full Time, Selfridges Concession Store
Nestled within the iconic Selfridges store on Oxford Street, The Conran Shop’s concession store is at the heart of the action, offering design-led gifts and big-name brands that perfectly showcase our signature aesthetic. We’re in search of friendly, personable individuals to assist and advise customers in need of guidance and inspiration, to help them find their ultimate purchase. The ideal candidates will have a genuine passion for gifts, lifestyle accessories and interior design, and have the ability to engage with customers and provide a high level of customer service for a premium shopping experience.
H E A D O F F I C E
Online Merchandiser, The Conran Shop Head Office, Shad Thames
An opportunity has become available for an Online Merchandiser to join the E-commerce department at our Head Office. Reporting to the Senior Online Merchandiser, the role requires an analytical approach, along with technical knowledge of common website platform catalogue management. Previous experience in Excel and retail stock management systems is essential, while a knowledge and understanding of Magento or other CMS platforms is desired. The role constitutes an integral part of the E-commerce function, meaning close attention to detail and a methodical approach to managing an extensive product catalogue of several thousand designs is crucial.
S T U D I O
Stock Coordinator - Syston, Leicester
We have a fantastic opportunity for a methodical and hardworking individual to join our warehouse team. Assisting the Senior Photographer, you will help to bring The Conran Shop products to life online by taking responsibility for the movement and documentation of stock in and out of the studio, readying items ahead of being photographed and helping to construct furniture and repackage once shoots are complete. The nature of the product means this is a very physical role handling lots of stock and large-scale furniture. Experience of using forklifts, stock control software and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, would be advantageous.
Due to the high level of response, please allow us a few days to attend to your application after which we will advise if you have been shortlisted. Alternatively, if you are unsuccessful on this occasion we may wish to hold your details on file and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise. Please indicate you are happy for us to do this when sending in your application.